Monday, May 7, 2012

alex tanney

a youtube hit was offered a chance to play in the nfl. alex tanney was offered to go to the bills tfaining camp.
"I'm from a small school, and the only thing I've ever really wanted was an opportunity to get into a camp," the 23-year-old Tanney told SI.com about the chance. "And now I have that in Buffalo, so I'm anxious to get out there and compete for a spot."
Tanney enjoys the notoriety  from the video, but he's now focused on making his next dream come true. "The success and the numbers I put up speak for themselves rather than the YouTube video," Tanney said. "But obviously, that's what people are going to talk about ... We really didn't expect it to take off like it did. It kind of blew up. We had fun with it. It was a good experience. But I kind of think that's past me. I'm just looking forward to getting my shot in the NFL."
Of course, NFL teams aren't just going to call up any trick-shot guy; Tanney does have some pretty impressive qualifications from a purely football perspective. The 14,429 yards he passed for at Monmouth gave him the all-time Division III record, and his 157 touchdown passes is the all-time NCAA mark. Tanney worked with Chad Pennington at the TEST Football Academy in Boca Raton, Fla. before the draft, and though he suspected that he'd miss out on hearing his name called, Tanney wanted to be as prepared as possible.



http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/trick-shot-quarterback-ryan-tanney-gets-invitation-bills-132809931.html

No comments:

Post a Comment